Well, after having done the dining plan myself, I will say that “YES, it is definitely worth it!” There are 3 different Disney Dining Plans and one is bound to work for your family. The biggest savings the Dining Plan offers is in character dining experiences.
Disney dining plans are options available exclusively to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels with Magic Your Way Vacation Packages.
How Disney Dining Plans Work
- When booking your vacation, purchase one of the Magic Your Way Vacation Packages that includes a Disney dining plan.
- While vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort, choose from over 100 select restaurants available.
- Present your Key to the World card to your server or cashier prior to ordering. The Key to the World card electronically monitors your party’s allocated meals.
- Track your meals with the easy-to-read receipt your server will provide you, which displays your remaining meal balance.
- Redeem your meals in any order throughout your package stay until each person’s meal total is complete.
Available Disney Dining Plans
To take advantage of a Disney dining plan, you must purchase one of the following Magic Your Way Vacation Packages that include a Disney dining plan.
2013 Vacation Packages
- 2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Quick-Service Dining
- 2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
- 2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining
Additional Disney Dining Plan Details
Gratuities are not included unless otherwise indicated. An automatic 18% gratuity charge will be added to your bill for parties of 6 or more. An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (for example, alcoholic beverages).
Merchandise or photo-imaging products that may be offered at Character Dining Experiences are not included, except at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
Many Disney table-service restaurants are quite popular and book quickly. Please make dining reservations up to 180 days in advance by contacting We Travelers Three.