In celebration of the 20th anniversary of The Lion King,
celebrate world-class theatrical entertainment alongside a sophisticated culinary experience as you immerse yourself in the story of The Lion King like never before.
An All-Inclusive Feast for the Senses
Every Saturday, from June 7 to August 9, 2014, pay tribute to the 20th anniversary of Disney’s The Lion King at an all-inclusive extravaganza inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
The excitement kicks off with a warm welcome reception before moving into Harambe Theater for a private performance of the all-new show The Lion King: Concert in the Wild—complete with a special celebrity narrator and a live orchestra!
Then, once the show comes to a close, you’re invited to hit the streets for an exotic party where you can explore all sorts of sizzling seasonal fare, magical merchandise offerings and a series of Character appearances and artist signings.
Be sure to stick around as the night draws to a conclusion too and receive a fond farewell you won’t soon forget!
Event details are subject to change.
The Lion King: Concert in the Wild
Marvel at the sights and sounds as iconic scenes from the film are recreated with splendid theatricality, all while a celebrity narrator and a live orchestra provide the soundtrack for a never-before-seen take on The Lion King tale.
Celebrity narrators currently scheduled to appear include:
Viola Davis – June 7, 2014
TBD – June 14, 2014
Montego Glover – June 21, 2014
David Alan Grier – June 28, 2014
Michael Beach – July 5, 2014
Harry Lennix – July 12, 2014
Joe Morton – July 19, 2014
Alfre Woodard – July 26, 2014
Brian Stokes Mitchell – August 2, 2014
Patina Miller – August 9, 2014
Entertainment and celebrity narrators are subject to change.
Harambe Nights Street Party
As the celebration continues, dance alongside excited townspeople as a favorite local band fills the night air with non-stop Afro-pop rhythms. Then, take your pick from a festive array of event happenings.
From an assortment of all-inclusive food and beverages—including mouthwatering and sweet tastes, and African beers and wines; to special appearances and signings with select Disney Design Group artists; to magical meetings with Disney Characters showing off their wild sides, countless encounters await your arrival!
Plus, don’t miss your chance to purchase merchandise you won’t find elsewhere:
- A limited-release case for iPhone 4 and 5 featuring imagery from Disney’s The Lion King, designed by Disney Design Group artist Randy Noble
- Disney’s The Lion King 20th anniversary puzzle
- Exclusive event items like apparel, art, collectibles and so much more!
Entertainment, merchandise and event details are subject to change. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to enjoy alcoholic beverages.
Reserve your place in the circle of life! Purchase general seating admission to Harambe Nights: $119.00 for adults; $79.00 for children (tax not included). Get up close to the sights and sounds with premium seating admission: $134.00 for adults; $94.00 for children (tax not included).
Know Before You Go
- A separate ticket is required to enter and participate in Harambe Nights.
- For more information on Harambe Nights—including booking a reservation—please call (614) 458-8617 or contact us via email. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Theme park admission is included for the special event only. All attractions, entertainment and other offerings outside of the designated event area will not be available.
- If Guests wish to enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park prior to the event, additional theme park admission will be required.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended.
- Tickets purchased prior to the date of the event will be mailed in advance. If you do not receive your tickets in time, you can pick them up at the ticket windows near the Main Entrance of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- Entry to Harambe Nights begins at 7:00 PM with a welcome reception. Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the event to ensure you have time to park and enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- A wristband is required to enter the special event. To retrieve your wristband, please show your event ticket at the Main Entrance. If you are already inside the park prior to the start of the event, you can show your ticket to a Cast Member at the entrance of Harambe Village instead to receive your wristband.
- Parking is complimentary during the event only, beginning at 4:00 PM.
All information and photos come right from the Walt Disney World website.